KMPlayer Free Download for Windows 7 & 10
kmplayer For windows 7 free for you. It’s a multimedia player developed by PandoraTV that can be used for a number of different audio and video formats without the need of a separate Codec. There are versions suitable for PC and Mac, as well as mobile versions for Android and iOS that can be easily downloaded for the corresponding app store. According to the developer’s site, KMPlayer has already been downloaded over 300 times by users in over 200 countries.
kmplayer Free Download
This multimedia player is very easy to download and install. The wizard will guide you through the installation process, offering options to configure it according to the type of install of your choice. If you are a beginner, you can choose to use the standard features. More advanced users may want to check (or uncheck) some of the added features.
- It has its own internal Codec.
- It supports a wide number of formats like MPEG1, MPEG2, MPEG4, MKV, AVI, among others.
- It has multi-language support.
- The interface is very user-friendly and it’s not cluttered with a lot of menus and buttons.
- Options are available through a conceptual menu that you can access by right clicking on your mouse (when using the PC version).
- Video capture available. The files can be stored in a variety of formats.
- Customizable playback speed for videos.
- It allows the use of external filters to modify video image.
- Scene selection, you can select parts of a video as your favorites.
- With KMP Connect you can watch movies in your mobile that you have downloaded in your PC or laptop.
Other Interesting Features
Some of the features that distinguish KMPlayer from other similar multimedia players is its ability to play damaged, locked or compressed files. This may be something of which many users will not take advantage, but it sure does come in handy when you need to have access to that recorded meeting that is contained in an audio file not playable in any other software.
Another thing to point out, the Android app allows you to sort your video files according to their name, date or size. After you have downloaded and installed it, the app identifies all the video files contained in your phone and lists them. Now you will be able to easily locate and identify each video. This is a very cool feature, considering that usually we have videos from all sorts of sources and with a number of different formats stored in our phones.
How the mobile app works
In addition to having on screen controls, as any other media player does, KMPlayer mobile app includes gestures support. This allows you to control the screen’s brightness or reproduction speed just by sliding your finger across the screen in the correct way. If you don’t want to accidentally change any settings or interrupt the video while it’s being played, you can use the lock button to disable gesture commands and lock the orientation of the video.
The app comes with a menu where you can customize its look and feel and explore the folders of your device for more media content.
Content in the cloud
No need to stuff your phone with tons of videos, KMPlayer lets you reproduce content stored in the cloud. We mentioned earlier that with KMP Connect you can stream videos in your mobile that are stored in your computer, but this another way to share content between devices when using this media player.
Both Android and IOS devices can take advantage of this useful feature. Connecting to your cloud stored content is quite easy, you just have to use the cloud icon on the screen. You will then be offered a selection where you choose between KMP Connect, Google drive, Dropbox, and FTP (the two latter are only available for iOS). Now you just have to input your login information, the media player will list your content and you will be able to reproduce it on your phone, as simple as that!
- You will need to have any of the following versions installed (32 bits): Windows 2000; XP; Vista; Windows 7.
- It needs Direct x9.0.
- Make sure to have at least 30 MB of free hard disk space.
- You need OS X 10.6 or later.
- Leave 178M free in your hard-disk for the installation.
- It doesn’t require too much disk space.
- It’s free and easy to download and install.
- Supports a great number of audio and video formats.
- Good performance with HD files.
- The later versions have too much ads and adware, which has affected the performance.
- There are fake versions around, so users have to be careful when downloading.
- It’s slower than some other competitor players.
- It’s packed with extras like the Ask toolbar.
- It doesn’t include a help file.
As for free multimedia players go, KMPlayer for windows 7 is a very good option. It doesn’t take up a lot of storage space and its interface is very minimalistic and user-friendly. Although there have been complaints from some users about the inclusion of adware in later version, it remains a good option for those who don`t want to have several different multimedia players to choose from depending on the format of the file that they need to reproduce. The fact that this player can handle such a vast range of formats it’s a very attractive feature to many users.
Its versatility is another attractive characteristic, the fact that is available both for Mac and PC and that it also launched mobile versions for the two leading operating systems (Android and iOS) makes it a good choice for many. It’s easy to find and download, it comes with an installation wizard and its interface is very intuitive and fully customizable.
kmplayer For windows 7
Personally, what sets this media player apart from other similar software out there is the ease to share files between devices. What can be more convenient that streaming video or audio files directly from your cloud storage? No need to synchronize folders and no more running out of storage space in your phone. This feature alone puts KMPlayer in a category of its own.